Boys JV Soccer
The First 7
The First 7
1. Please communicate with your student athlete's coach. If you feel your athlete, or you, has been offended, the coach can probably address the issue with you better than a third party.
2. Please do not teach your student athlete that the answer to “failure” and “unhappiness” is to quit (example would be to pull them off the team). We want to communicate and teach commitment.
3. Please remember that coaches make all the decisions regarding playing time (popular and unpopular)
4. Please be twice as vocal in supporting our team as you are in criticizing our team.
5. Please remember that your child will have to respect and follow the leadership of their coach. This is very difficult to do if they hear you consistently talk negatively of the coach or team.
6. Please avoid shouting out specific advice to your child during games. They need to be focused on the voice of their coach and teammates.
7. Please come to pick up your child from practice and games in a timely manner. Please keep in mind a time frame of 30 minutes of practice concluding and from away games.